Sunday, July 4, 2010

And I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad.

 
 


As my friend recently said, we are all just people. I'm in one of those moods where I feel flat. Maybe it's all those 3D movies coming out that make me feel 2D. But really we aren't so special. I suppose that's what love is for. Making people feel special.

Anyway I wanted to say: I DON'T WANT TO GROW UP. I've seen what it does to people and I much rather stay where I am. But sooner or later it happens. Here you are remembering your good old year 7 days when BAM you're worrying about how to get into a club with fake ID. I've got hopefully half a century of being over 18 and only two more years of being under. I feel no rush. That's not so bad. I remember back in primary school. We were only 11 and we were discussing who wasn't a virgin. FOR GOD'S SAKE.

I wish little kids weren't so eager to be adults.

I suppose it's a very, very mad world.

xin

ps. In other news Argentina vs Germany has just kicked off. Argentina ftw. It's gonna be a good game.

4 comments:

  1. I feel that I'm going to miss quite a lot of things.
    Somebody needs a party in a playground once a year... playgrounds mustn't leave!
    Also relationships change when you leave highschool...
    About flat? Yeah, I feel pretty bad at the moment, like every activity I do has no meaning, and all the things I have done are totally useless.
    Apparently this age is supposed to be the happiest stage of your life... fuck, my life is going to be shithouse! I think my magical dream of a place with rainbows and happiness was shattered in strange ways, so I'm not sure what I can do to recover any of the pieces.
    I look forward to seeing you (all of you!) :D That's the thing that keeps me going in the end ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I was the one that said that thing about people are just people (stolen from Regina Spektor no doubt), because I'm always saying that. I know what you mean, I've felt pretty flat for ages now, I don't want to grow up, I want to go back to all the times that we have photos of and be more happy in them, I want to have more fun than I remember having. But maybe I was having as much fun as it looks like I was and I just couldn't appreciating it. I don't worry grow up, I want to party in parks with illegal vodka and look at the city lights and still think they're amazing and walk through the streets running and holding hands feeling like it's the most frightening and exciting thing in the world. If you're not done with being young then I'm not either. We can beat it if we band together.

    You should be here eating cheese cake with me in the middle of the night, I hate that stupid distance thing.
    xx
    s-a

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I did get the mad world reference. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE YOU!
    Normally I don't reply to these comments but it has to be done. Yes it was you sally about the people being the same thing. Tom it's true relationships change out of high school.
    Rargh I thought I got high school/teenagerness figured then we have to grow up.

    <3<3<3 one day we shall be free to eat cheesecake at night with each other, anytime.

    ps glad you got the reference sally :D

    ReplyDelete